|Formulas of Catholic Doctrine|
The Ten Commandments
1. I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s day.
4. Honour your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
9. You shall not covet your neighbour’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbour’s goods.
The two commandments of love
1. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.
2. You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
The Golden Rule (Mt 7:12)
The Beatitudes (Mt 5:3-12)
The three theological virtues
The four cardinal virtues
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit
7. Fear of the Lord
The twelve fruits of the Holy Spirit
The five precepts of the Church
1. You shall attend Mass on Sundays and on holy days of obligation and remain free from work or activity that could impede the sanctification of such days.
2. You shall confess your sins at least once a year.
3. You shall receive the sacrament of the Eucharist at least during the Easter season.
4. You shall observe the days of fasting and abstinence established by the Church.
5. You shall help to provide for the needs of the Church.
The seven corporal works of mercy
1. Feed the hungry.
2. Give drink to the thirsty.
3. Clothe the naked.
4. Shelter the homeless.
5. Visit the sick.
6. Visit the imprisoned.
7. Bury the dead.
The seven spiritual works of mercy
1. Counsel the doubtful.
2. Instruct the ignorant.
3. Admonish sinners.
4. Comfort the afflicted.
5. Forgive offences.
6. Bear wrongs patiently.
7. Pray for the living and the dead.
The seven capital sins
The four last things